Women’s History Month
WOMEN’S HISTORY MONTH WEBSITES
- National Women’s History Museum
- The Best Sites for Learning about Women’s History
- National Collaborative for Women’s History Sites
- Women’s History Network
- New Jersey Women’s History
- Women’s History (U.S. National Park Service)
- Women and the American Story
- Women’s Studies : American and International Women’s History
- Timeline: Women’s Footprint in History
- American Women’s History Initiative-Smithsonian Institute
- Women’s History-National Museum of American History
Women’s History Month on Kanopy and Hoopla
View the content on Hoopla: eBooks, Audiobooks, Comics/Graphic Novels, Movies, & Music
Programs & Events
Remember the Ladies
Sunday, March 26 – 3 to 4 pm
This program will touch on all the First Ladies of the United States, from Martha Washington to Melania Trump. Not all First Ladies were the wife of the President, and each dealt in her own way with the inherent tension between the public nature of the role and the discomfort of society with women in public positions. Many of these varied and often overlooked women made valuable contributions and helped shape the Presidency of their husband, brother, or father.
This program will be presented in person at the library. If you cannot attend, you can join by Zoom – register to receive the link. To anticipate attendance, we encourage everybody to register, whether attending in person or by Zoom. Click here to sign up.
This program, presented by the Museum of Early Trades & Crafts, is jointly sponsored by the Chatham Historical Society and Chatham Township Historical Society.