Tex-Mex Slow Cooker Chicken Published on: April 21, 2020
Tex-Mex Slow Cooker Chicken
- Slow cooker
- 1 15 oz can black beans (rinsed and drained)
- 1 11 oz cans Mexicorn or regular corn (drained)
- 1 cup thick and chunky salsa
- 1½ lbs boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 cup nonfat shredded cheddar cheese
- Spray inside of slow cooker with cooking spray. Combine beans, corn, and ½ cup of salsa in slow cooker and mix well.
- Top with chicken breasts and pour remaining salsa over the top.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 5-6 hours or high heat for 2½-3 hours.
- When time is up, sprinkle cheese on top (if cooking on low heat, increase to high for this step). Cover and cook 5-10 minutes until cheese is melted.