We will be offering a variety of take-home craft project kits for kids and teens. Some projects may have a small fee for the supply kits – please check the descriptions for full details. We hope you will share your completed creations with us so we can post them to a photo gallery! If you’d like your creation to be included, please send a clear photo to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Photo tip: If sending via email from your mobile device, choose to send it at the original size
I Heart Pizza Slice Pillow Hand Sewing Project
Who likes pizza? We do! Along with Sew It! Workshop, we have created a fun take-home craft kit for children ages 7 & up. The kit includes everything you will need to make your own pizza slice pillow (except for scissors).
There is a $5.00 materials fee per kit. Please use the instructions below to pay online. Once you reserve and pay for your supplies, we will email you when your kit is ready to be picked up starting on Monday, May 3.
Once you pick up your kit, watch a pre-recorded instructional video to learn how to make your pizza pillow.
This craft is limited to Chatham patrons only. You must have a Chatham Library card to register.
Yarn Birds Project – Kits still available!
Winter is over. Flowers are blooming, trees are budding and birds have returned after their winter hiatus in the south. In the spirit of the season, we have created a fun take-home craft kit for teens ages 10 and up to make in conjunction with our CreativeBug database.
Simply sign up for a kit and we will send you an email when it is ready to be picked up through our Takeout service. After you pick up your kit, log in to CreativeBug or use your library card to create an account. You must have a Chatham library card to sign up. Reserve your kit
PLEASE NOTE: This take-home craft was designed and advertised for children ages 13 and older due to 2 small, sharp pins included in the kit. If your child is younger than 13 years old, please make sure that a parent or guardian supervises the child while they are making the craft.
- Payments are collected using PayPal and can be completed with or without a PayPal account.
- Once you are on the PayPal page, enter the correct amount of your payment and click/tap the dropdown menu where it says “(Optional) Use this donation for” and select “Program Payment”.
- If you do have PayPal, you can click/tap the “Donate with PayPal” button and log in to your PayPal account.
- Click/tap where it says “Add a note” and enter what you are paying for (see example)
- If you don’t have PayPal or don’t want to use your PayPal account, click/tap the “Donate with a Debit or Credit Card” button
- Click/tap the pen icon and enter what you are paying for (see example)
- Once you have entered your information, click/tap the Donate Now button at the bottom to complete the transaction in PayPal.
- When you receive your payment confirmation email from PayPal, please forward it to our Youth Services email: email@example.com so that we can be sure to mark you as paid. Please let us know if you have any questions.
- You will receive an email when your kit is ready to be picked up, starting on Monday, May 3.