Stuffed Acorn Squash Published on: May 26, 2020
Stuffed Acorn Squash
- square pan
- 2 large acorns
- 2 eggs
- 1 package of sausage (remove from casing and place in bowl)
- 1-2 cups bread crumbs
- 1 large onion
- 1/2 cup grated pecorino
- olive oil
- black pepper and salt
- Cut the acorn squash in half
- Place the halves in a square pan with about a cup of water and cover with foil; bake at 350°F until the squash is soft on the inside.
- In separate pot, saute onion with butter and olive oil (about 2 tablespoons each).
- After you saute the onions set aside.
- Once the acorns are done let them cool because you want to scoop out the inside part and place in a bowl.
- Keep the shells because you will re-stuff them with the stuffing you make.
- Take the pot with the onions and add the sausage (make sure you removed the casing and it's just the inside), saute until fully cooked.
- Then add your squash, cheese, bread crumbs, pinch of salt and black pepper, and eggs and mix it all together over low heat.
- Then you stuff your acorns and you top it off with a little bit more cheese.
- Place back in the oven at 375°F for about 35 minutes (until top is crispy), do not cover.