Pepperoni and Asiago Pinwheels Published on: June 12, 2020
Pepperoni and Asiago Pinwheels
- medium baking sheet
- 2 baking sheets
- 1/2 cup grated asiago cheese
- 3/4 tsp dried thyme
- 3/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry (half of 17.3 oz package), thawed
- 2 tbsp honey dijon mustard
- 2 oz packaged sliced pepperoni (about 24)
- 1 large egg, beaten to blend
- nonstick vegetable oil cooking spray
- Mix first four ingredients in a bowl.
- Cut puff pastry crosswise in half to form two rectangles
- Spread 1 tablespoon mustard over 1 puff pastry rectangle, leaving 1-inch plain border at 1 long edge.
- Place half of pepperoni in single layer atop mustard.
- Top pepperoni with half of cheese mixture.
- Brush plain border with egg.
- Starting at side opposite plain border, roll up pastry, sealing at egg-coated edge.
- Transfer pastry roll, seam-side down to medium baking sheet.
- Repeat with remaining pastry rectangle.
- Chill rolls until firm or wrap and chill up to 1 day.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Line 2 baking sheets with foil.
- Lightly spray with oil.
- Cut each pastry roll into 1/4 inch rounds.
- Bake 15 minutes.