Penne Vodka with Sausage Published on: May 29, 2020
Penne Vodka with Sausage
- large pot
- large skillet
- 1 lb uncooked penne pasta
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 28 oz can crushed tomatoes
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp vodka
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 3.5 oz links sweet Italian sausage
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil.
- Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- In large skillet, heat oil over moderate heat.
- Remove casing from sausage and add to skillet.
- Cook, breaking up the meat, until brown.
- Add garlic and red pepper and cook, stirring until garlic is golden brown.
- Add tomatoes and salt; bring to boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes.
- Add vodka and cream and bring to boil.
- Reduce heat to low and add pasta, toss for 1 minute.
- Stir in fresh parsley and serve!
- Note: I usually use extra sausage, and if I am making it for 2-3 people, I will usually use a little less pasta because I'd rather it be more saucy.
- Recipe can be doubled for larger quantity.