Download the New MAIN Mobile App!
Welcome to the library in your pocket. The SOLUS Mobile Library App offers an ‘anytime, anywhere, everywhere’ library experience from your Apple or Android device. With the new app, you have access to the diverse shared collection of MAIN resources, plus a digital library card with linkable accounts, downloadable electronic resources, full-catalog searching with the ability to place holds, multi-language support, self-checkout, and more.
Follow these steps to download and log in to access your account:
- Search for “MAIN Libraries NJ” in your device’s app store, download, and install on your device.
- When you first load the app, you will see the MAIN logo and will have access to MAIN-wide resources.
- To log in and access your Library of the Chathams account and our resources, tap ≡ on the right.
- Tap “Sign In” and you will be taken to a screen where you will be prompted to enter your Borrower/Library card number (11004…) and PIN.
- Tap the “Login” button and you should see the screen change to show the Library of the Chathams logo in the top left. This means you have successfully logged into your account.
- Tap ≡ again to open the side menu where you can view your checkouts, renew items, see your holds, etc.
Some of the great new features include:
- Digital library card – Use your phone as your card! Locate “My Barcode” at the bottom of the screen and tap to bring up a digital version of your library card that can be scanned at the Circulation Desk for No-Touch Checkout.
- Linkable accounts – If you would like to easily keep track of and access your family’s digital library cards in one place, now you can! Linked accounts will show the individual’s name and card number.
- Scan ISBN Barcode – If you’re in a store and see a book you want to read, you can use this feature to see if there is a copy of the book you can borrow from the library and easily place a hold on it, all in the palm of your hand.
- Self-Checkout – Want to avoid the line or check out items with the least amount of contact possible? You can now check out items to yourself using the new mobile app. You won’t receive an email receipt, but you can keep track of all your self-service receipts and checkouts in the ≡ menu.
*The old Library of the Chathams app from Boopsie has been discontinued*