Library Takeout Service
On the Menu: Only items currently on the shelves in our library.
Chatham patrons only. Borrowing from other libraries is not available at this time.
1. To Place an Order: You may now place hold requests through the catalog OR you may place requests via email or phone. To place your order by email send your name, library card number, contact information, and requests to email@example.com or call us at 973-635-0603.
2. Library staff will assemble and label your order with the first three letters of your last name, first name, and last five digits of your library card number. Items will be already checked out to you before you pick up your order. You will be contacted when your order is ready to pick up. When you receive the automated message from M.A.I.N. that your items are ready, please call the library at 973-635-0603 (or 0605) to arrange a pickup time.
3. Pick-up Procedure: To pick up your takeout order, simply enter the library on the ramp side (park entrance at the rear of the building). The door will be open. For your safety, enter only when the foyer is empty, one person at a time. Pick up is available Monday through Thursday 10-8, Friday 10-5, and Saturday 10-4. Your order will be available on a cart inside the rear entrance foyer. Just walk in, collect your order, and exit. The library is not open to the public at this time. Remember to continue to practice physical distancing and to wear a facemask near others. Do not come to collect items if you are feeling unwell or are having respiratory symptoms.
4. Return Items: Items will be fine-free through July 31, 2020. You may return library materials to the library’s book drops. Books will be quarantined for 72 hours before being checked in. We are not able to accept donations of materials at this time. Any donated items will be discarded.
5. In an effort to deal with the backlog of existing holds, and to make sure patrons only get the items they want, we are suggesting that everyone look at their account and remove any holds they no longer need. This will make things move more quickly as we start Library Takeout service.
Need a card?
If you do not currently have a library card and you live, work, or go to school in Chatham you can get a six-month card now by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include your name, street address, email for the account, and telephone number.