Auto-Renewal Info Published on: December 24, 2020
As of January 2021, our library and the other Main Library Alliance libraries now have the wonderful new convenience of Auto-Renewal. This means that items you have checked out currently and in the future will automatically renew if they are eligible.
Which kinds of items automatically renew?
Most physical items checked out from a library that already allows at least one renewal may be eligible for auto-renewal(s). Digital materials like eBooks are not auto-renewed.
Which conditions prevent items from being automatically renewed?
• Materials that are never allowed to renew
• Items that have reached their renewal limit
• Items with a hold or outstanding request
• Digital items, such as eBooks
• Interlibrary Loan (ILL) items from libraries not part of Main
• Accounts with fines and fees that exceed $10
What happens to items not eligible for auto-renewal?
They keep their original due date.
Do I need to sign up for auto-renewal?
No. All patrons, present and future, will have their eligible items automatically renewed.
What if I don’t want my items automatically renewed – can I opt out?
No. There is no way to opt out of this system-wide feature. If you don’t want to keep your items past the original due date, you can just return them as you usually would.