Mashed Potatoes Published on: May 22, 2020
- large pot
- small saucepan
- potato masher or electric beater
- 3 lbs baking potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- Bring a pot of cold salted water to a boil.
- Add the potatoes and cook until tender but still firm, about 15 minutes; drain.
- In a small saucepan heat butter and milk over low heat until the butter is melted.
- Using a potato masher or electric beater, slowly blend milk mixture into potatoes until smooth and creamy.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.